Saturday, September 08, 2007

Guest appearance

Sorry about the unexplained absence - it feel like i'm making guest appearances in huge parts of my life at the moment.

But i'm great! The new job is fantastic. It just takes up a huge chunk of my word quota for the day. By the time I've given another chunk to JD ('where's the beer?', 'thanks for cooking/vacuuming/washing the clothes...') there's not much left for this here blog...

But there has been craft - see:

The knitting's been a bit patchy though - there's a shawl, some socks and some baby bits and pieces I finished quite a while ago now, but failed to photograph before they went to live at their new homes. After that there was nothing for a while: I was floating in the black whole of knitting nothingness.

And then the idea for perfect knitting escapism struck:


Return to what you know.


And get some Christmas knitting done at the same time.

8 comments:

SadieandLance said...

But I can try and make you!

Bells said...

tell me what you don't want to do and I'll try and make you.

lovely clap.

And great to see you around after so long.

Rose Red said...

There's some blog button going around to the effect that it's your blog and you can blog whenever you want (or not). So the cross stitch really is quite appropriate!

And lovely clap...from a fellow clap-aholic (does one and a bit claps make me a clap-aholic?)

Lindy said...

The clap is great. (I really hope I'm not the only one giggling when I type that).

Glad to hear the new job is going well!

Madge said...

Pretty Clap. (can you believe I haven't made one yet? I must be the only person in the universe who hasn't) And multi-crafting is a good superpower to have.

Hmm, might have to spread the rumor that you're the Knitting Enigma. Or the Knitting Yeti. No I like Enigma better.

Glad to hear life is good!

Shazmina Bendi said...

YAY! your back!!! Hello from the SC. Weather is prettygood up here, I am drinking beer and knitting as we speak!

Leah said...

Love the clap & the x-stitch!!!

Lizzy said...

Great cross stitch - these are so amusing. Also love the scarf !