Friday, July 20, 2007

Poor neglected blog.

So this is a pretty neglected blog lately, sorry about that. Turns out being a lady of leisure for a week keeps you busier than I thought - there's all sorts of coffee dates, brunch dates, lunch dates and dinner dates to go to. Not to mention the hairdresser, who tried not to gag too obviously when she realised I hadn't been in for 11 months (she had a baby!)

All good things must come to an end though, work starts again bright and early tomorrow. My lady of leasure-ing has turned into domestic servant-ing to get all the clothes washed, ironed and packed (I'm away for my first three days - gotta love that deep end). And to prepare my new work bag (a present from old work - how lovely!):


Mmmmm....Leo Monk. Go take a look.

There has been some knitting action:


Of all the pairs of fetchings I've made (there are many unblogged) these are the first ones I've kept (Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran, in 'eggplant' I believe). I love them! Although I ended up having to block them to stop the palm part from rolling in all the time. And after I wore them a bit I realised I really should take more care sewing in the ends. I'm so lazy.

There's been more knitting too, but that has to wait until next week, it's all baby surprise stuff. And socks. Boring socks. I'll show you when they're done, they won't sustain interest across two posts. SNORE.

Now in a shameless effort to distract you from the lack of interesting content in this post, let me prove, once and for all, that you can unwittingly spend $100 on buttons:


Tada!

17 comments:

Sue said...

Love your Fetching gloves. There have been quite a few knit up in blogland. Your buttons are so cute, and pricey too by the sounds of it.

SadieandLance said...

Oh my gawd %100 on buttons?! Well done! I've missed your posts!

Lindy said...

Oh dear, you may have touched on the one craft related item I have yet to covet...I'll have to second the "I've missed you!" comment! Good luck with the new job!

Lindy said...

Oh dear, you may have touched on the one craft related item I have yet to covet...I'll have to second the "I've missed you!" comment! Good luck with the new job!

Anonymous said...

GCB!! The bag is beautiful though, and good luck with your new job. I have a pair of Fetchings to make too, I have whipped up a few but none for me yet and Winter is almost over!!!

Anonymous said...

That's OMGCB: which translated as 'Oh My God Chandler Bing' said in Janet's voice!!! My fingers beat the downloading of the typing box!!!

Rose Red said...

LOVE those buttons - especially the deco style face - how fab is that! Great bag too - good luck for your first day!

MadMad said...

The face button is so cool - that will make any project really pop. Love the color of your Fetchings, too - I made them in the same boring green the model on Knitty had. They're fine, but I wish I'd made them a little longer - I kind of have to tug at them to get them to my knuckles.... (well, like I said before, little I knit actually fits...)

melissa said...

i have that flapper girl button! all your other buttons are super cute as well. yesterday, i was driving through a part of seattle that i don't normally go to, and found a vintage button store! how cool is that? i haven't gone in but i'll let you know if it's good or not. :) oh yeah, and i didn't know you had a new job! good luck!

Louise said...

çok güzel :-)
those buttons are yummy
Lxxx

Shazmina Bendi said...

Love the buttons AND the bag is gorgeous! Hope you are having a great first day!!

Madge said...

It's nice to hear your voice again in blogland. I love me a cool (vintage) button. Yours are nifty. Good luck with your new job!

Anonymous said...

I completely understand spending $100 on buttons! Are they from Newtown?

Claire (ethel loves fred) said...

I lOVE Leo Munk - I've got 2 of his handbags (2 consective Birthday pressies from my hubby). Whenever we go to Newtown I swoon outside his window! He'll be getting an AVO out soon!!

Sourire11 said...

Ok that bag rocks my world. Beautiful!

I think I have a pair of fetchings in that same exact color...

Leah said...

That bag is AMAZING!! As are the buttons! $100.00 on buttons is quite a feat!

Louise said...

where are you...... brown pants? I hope you are ok? I am missing your postings :-(
Lx